A camp cabin leader experiences camp with the students they are paired with and acts as a mentor for the week. They are in direct supervision of the students at all times. Cabin leaders will stay in the cabins with their campers in the evenings. They are expected to be present and involved with the campers at all activities. Campers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and the cabin leader should act in a sensitive and loving manner.
Summer 2020 NoticeIt saddens us to share with you that in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the leadership team and Board of Trustees have made the very difficult decision to suspend summer camp programs in 2020. We know this is such a disappointment to so many of our families, to our campers, and to our staff who look forward to coming here every year and who call this place home. Walking through camp these days in the midst of the quietness and stillness, it makes us so sad to think that this sacred space is going to sit empty for the course of the summer and be devoid of the life, energy, joy, and transformation that typically characterizes camp. We’re grateful we serve a God who is good, and who is going to use all this somehow to his glory, and we rest in knowing we can trust Him as our refuge and fortress. We can’t wait until we can see you all again at Calvin Crest!
- A desire to serve.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A willingness to put your campers’ needs above your own.
- A commitment to the ministry of a local church.
Minimum age requirements for Cabin Leaders
- Sherwood Forest/Outdoor Adventure/Middle School Camps: 16+ years old or has completed sophomore year of high school.
- High School Camp: 19+ years old or has completed one year of college or college equivalent.
- Week in the Forest: 17+ years old or has completed junior year of high school.