Calvin Crest relies on the service of up to 50 qualified volunteer counselors and child care assistants during each week of our summer programs. As having the most interaction with our guests, our volunteers are a vital part of the camping ministry at Calvin Crest.
Opportunities to Volunteer Include:
Cabin Counselor at our summer youth camps
Child Care Assistant (CCA) at our family camps
- A camp counselor experiences camp with the students they are paired with and acts as a mentor for the week. They are in direct supervision of the students at all times. Counselors will stay in the cabins with their campers in the evenings. They are expected to be present and involved with the students at all camp activities. Campers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and the counselor should act in a sensitive and loving manner.
Child Care Assistant
- CCAs are assigned babysitters for the children attending Family Camp with their parents. They provide care each morning during the children’s program while the adults are at morning worship, and again in the evenings after family campfire. CCAs will stay all-together in cabins with supervisory Calvin Crest staff. They will be guided in providing overall support to our family camp program such as preparing tables before meals, helping run afternoon free-time activities, and offering assistance to families when needed. When not taking care of children, CCAs are offered daily bible studies, nightly games, and activities.
A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
A willingness to put your campers’ needs above your own.
A commitment to the ministry of a local church.
Minimum age requirements for Cabin Counselors & CCAs
- Family Camp CCA: 14 years or older or has completed grade 8.
- Sherwood Forest/Outpost/Middle School Camps: 16+ years old or has completed sophomore year of high school.
- High School Camp: 19+ years old or has completed one year of college or college equivalent.
- Week in the Forest: 17+ years old or has completed junior year of high school.
|Week 1||June 25 – July 8||Family Camp – CCAs needed||–|
|Week 2||July 2 – July 8||Family Camp – CCAs needed||Discovery Day Camp|
|Week 3||July 9 – 15||Middle School – Counselors Needed||Sherwood Forest- Counselors Needed|
|Week 4||July 16 – 22||Middle School – Counselors Needed||Sherwood Forest – Counselors Needed|
|Week 5||July 23 – 29||High School – Counselors Needed||Week in the Forest – Counselors Needed|